Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian CIO will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth.
Appian’s information security team is growing and is seeking a Information Security Manager to assist with information security operations, monitoring, and compliance. This person will work in a dynamic information security team and be exposed to modern cloud technologies and security frameworks. You will be assisting the Appian Information Security department in continuously evaluating the threat-landscape for Appian operations and service offerings as it relates to Governance, Risk, and Compliance. You will analyze international security concerns, emerging threats, vulnerability management, and industry regulations in order to drive Appian's GRC program.
About the Job
Lead a dynamic team responsible for:
- Deploying and maintaining a strong governance and compliance programs throughout the organization, including ensuring security controls in accordance with industry standards and global frameworks such as NIST, SOC, ISO, HITRUST, FedRAMP, IRAP, C5, ENS, 800-171, etc.
- Ensuring continuous monitoring and improvement of controls by identifying and connecting systems and data to provide direct visibility and assurance
- Working with a variety of teams on new and diverse technologies and be exposed to modern cloud solutions and security frameworks to ensure controls are applied consistently and completely
- Leading internal and external security reviews, audits, and control evaluations
- Working directly with customers to present relevant Appian security framework information
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in related field of study
- 7+ years of experience directly related to governance and compliance
- Excellent understanding of various control frameworks and requirements, and ability to adapt and apply new ones as required
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based models (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and technologies used to implement controls within these environments
- Ability to communicate and manage information security concepts and requirements to personnel of varying technical backgrounds and positions
- Ability to effectively lead other team members and projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.