Appian is seeking a Data Warehouse Project Manager to join our fast-growing Business Technology team. Appian's growth trajectory ensures that new employees immediately become core members of our team, working closely with peers and senior managers.We are growing our team and are looking for a talented and mission-oriented project manager who will help operationalize the usage of the data warehouse to deliver high-quality data analytics and reporting needs of business units. The right person has depth in working, managing and delivering project management value streams on data warehousing, business intelligence or data analytics projects and initiatives.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Data Warehouse leadership team in helping develop a long-term data strategy roadmap.
- Develop and own engagement models to collect, manage and deliver data needs to business stakeholders.
- Define clear and actionable problem statements to help teams deliver results while displaying a comprehensive understanding of data warehouse strategy, vision and goals.
- Develop best practices on consolidating business and data requirements into an effective backlog management system across different horizontal and vertical value streams.
- Own all aspects of project management including project planning, resource scheduling, risk logging and mitigation.
- Maintain and present weekly status reports of the project and keep a record of the previous reports.
- Articulate the value-add of the projects deliverable and activities to client executive stakeholders.
To be successful on this role, you need
- To have 5+ years of hand-on experience being in the role of a Technical Project Manager, Product Owner or Program Manager in a data warehouse, business intelligence or data analytics project or initiative.
- To have 5+ years of using project management tools such as JIRA, Monday.com etc.
- To have the ability to intake business requirements and build a backlog (EPIC, Features and Stories) for current and future implementations.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral; Ability to present project plans and effectively present solutions to pending risks/issues at different levels within the organization.
- Excellent documentation skills using Microsoft 365 (especially Powerpoint, Excel and Visio) or Google (docs, sheets, slides and forms).
- To partner with cross functional teams across business units, Information Technology and Information Security teams to operationalize the functioning of the Data Warehouse.
Additional desired experience but not required
- PMP certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) OR Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) OR Scaled Agile for the Enterprise (SaFE).
- Basic knowledge of using Tableau or using SQL statement
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.