Here at Appian, we’re passionate about automation, speed, and efficiency; and the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution and communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, and partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
Appian is seeking a Technology Business Partner to be embedded within our Customer Success department, focused on proactive engagement and partnership to define technology strategy and manage the overall business and technology relationship. In partnership with other Technology Business Partners, this is a role on a cross-functional team that maintains a deep understanding of the lines of business and needs of the department, key in devising technology strategy to ensure other departments within the organization have the right technology to keep them running effectively and efficiently.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Build relationships with senior business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and technology-related strategy and execution.
- Partner with key stakeholders in Customer Success and their respective organizations to engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into technology plans, identifying and deploying thoughtful strategies to enable our technical consulting function to perform and scale effectively.
- Explore technology solutions for defined business problems and facilitate build vs buy decisioning, as well as procurement and vendor management. Manage an annual road map for technology projects (both internal and vendor-led).
- Collaborate with technical teams within the Business Technology organization on delivering solutions to stakeholders.
- Review and analyze data to identify trends and recommend data-driven solutions to improve the overall function of the organization.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Highly visible role with little red tape—your ideas could quickly and easily turn into impact.
- Immersing you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Appian affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- A wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: Appian product training and Appian certification sponsorship, our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Unlimited (flex) PTO, hybrid working arrangement, and flexible working hours.
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5+ years of professional experience
- Experience crafting and executing results-driven technology programs, preferably in a Customer Success or similar business function
- Keen interest in cutting-edge CS/CX technology products (Salesforce a plus!)
- Strong verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a collaborative, results-oriented environment and build strong relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.