Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance.
What Appian can offer you:
Top-Ranked Product: Appian is the only recognized global leader across multiple enterprise technology markets, including low-code application development, digital process automation (DPA), intelligent business process management systems (iBPMS), and dynamic case management (DCM). Appian is also a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Applications for the second year in a row.
Building the cloud infrastructure for the leading low-code platform requires agile, reliable, highly secure, highly scalable, and highly available systems. As a Cloud Software Engineer, your mission will be to make that goal possible. At Appian Cloud, you will make a substantial impact on the growth of our cloud platform working within an agile team to develop, test and deploy software to orchestrate and enhance our Platform as a Service (PaaS).
What you’ll be doing…
- Work with a talented team of Software Engineers and Architects to develop and implement software to control the life cycle of the infrastructure that runs Appian as PaaS using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Learn best practices to design and implement highly-available and highly-secure software in a mature Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), where security is priority #1.
- Collaborate in the development, testing and implementation of critical features of our roadmap to enhance our cloud platform.
- Drive innovation by coming up with new and exciting ideas to creatively solve complex problems.
- Actively participate in retrospectives to improve our agile practices.
- Partner with our technical support team understanding service pain points and addressing those through innovative solutions.
- Continuously improve Appian Cloud management applications and services.
Who you are…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- Passion for Software Engineering with a strong interest in Cloud Computing.
- Fluency in any modern object oriented programming language (e.g., Java, Python, etc.)
- Fluency with RDBMS database technology (e.g. MySQL, Oracle or Amazon RDS, etc.)
- Passion for improving the operations and reliability of complex, multi-tier systems.
- Familiarity with Git
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Previous software development internship(s) or work experience
- Familiarity with public clouds such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience with at least one linux scripting language (e.g. bash/shell, perl, etc.)
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.