We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our Procurement Department. Appian is in hyper growth mode, which means that this newly created position will be necessary to support our growing organization. The successful candidate will need to feel comfortable supporting a large volume of agreements across the different Appian departments globally. There will be minimal travel required initially but this requirement may increase as the company and department grow.
We are open to this position being based out of our McLean, VA Headquarters or fully remote.
- Risk mitigation and cost reduction through competitive reviews, contract negotiations and other agreed-upon strategies.
- Review of all contract language and compliance requirements in the contractual documentation.
- Developing and sustaining relationships across various Appian departments such as Marketing, IT, HR, Legal, Sales, and Engineering.
- Collaboration with various levels of Appian personnel to negotiate vendor contract agreements for the acquisition of various service and goods.
- Maintaining comprehensive contract files in our Vendor Contract Management System.
- Developing and improving purchasing policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of pricing among vendors and outside parties.
- Managing vendor conflicts and mitigate corporate risk.
- Thinking independently to improve systems, processes, and contract templates.
- Working autonomously with minimal oversight.
- Juris Doctorate required and must be actively licensed to practice.
- Minimum of three years’ experience reviewing and negotiating contracts, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Experience collaborating with various levels of personnel.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Impeccable Time-Management.
- Strategic Thinker.
- Change positive.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.