The Managing Deputy General Counsel will be the leader of the Contracts function within the Legal Department of Appian, managing all people and processes within the function of reviewing, negotiating and executing customer and partner-facing contracts. The Managing Deputy General Counsel needs to be a hands-on executive willing to roll up their sleeves and be a coach, strategist, legal theorist, systems architect, and administrator.
This role will be based out of our McLean, Virginia headquarters.
- Lead and motivate a team of highly skilled, collaborative attorneys, who in partnership with our GTM organization drive Appian’s revenue achievement.
- Identify and leverage the team’s capabilities to their fullest.
- Drive collaboration across all stakeholders and support functions. Create and maintain the playbook for review of Appian’s Platform as a Service Agreements, Software License Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, and other customer templates, to be calibrated with the General Counsel.
- Train all new members of the Contracts function to Appian standards effectively and efficiently. Must be able to create a comprehensive training program that delivers inexperienced individuals to functional capability within months.
- Develop and refine training materials for new members and existing team members to hone their skills.
- Engage Contracts team members in regular calibration and training sessions to improve the level of performance for all team members and consistently evaluate current workflows for improved process efficiencies and to eliminate non value add processes.
- Serve as the initial point of escalation on all legal issues related to customer contracts.
- Review the work of Contracts team members to assure quality throughout the team.
- Draft language for new agreements, new products, and new initiatives, and revise language as appropriate to changing business needs, for final sign off by the General Counsel.
- Maintain templates, contracts, and systems in a modern and efficient manner, with an emphasis on providing reporting and insights to executive management, and ease of transition of materials from one Contracts team member to another.
- Maintain a close alignment with the General Counsel to effectuate the General Counsel’s vision for the Contracts program.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from a top-tier law school and actively licensed to practice.
- 15+ years legal experience in a business environment, including at least 10 years in an enterprise software or SaaS company.
- Prior leadership experience leading complex teams of highly experienced, professional staff with strong technical expertise. Candidates without management experience will not be considered.
- Contract and license drafting, review and negotiation experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking skills evidenced by the ability to develop strategies that reduce potential areas of legal risk while furthering business objectives.
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical, and adept at solving complex legal problems.
- Demonstrated flexibility and efficient time management to appropriately prioritize workload based upon Company needs.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity with ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.