A Senior Legal Counsel at Appian is a key individual contributor to the success of the Appian Legal Department. You will be assigned to manage the software licensing contracts within the APJ region and be expected to manage the responsibility independently. In this role, you will engage with executive team members and represent the Legal Department internally and externally.
To be successful in this role, you will :
- Assign, review, draft, and negotiate a broad range of complex software licensing agreements by working collaboratively with enterprise sales, professional services and finance.
- Provide proactive service and counsel on assigned key legal issues related to contracts, regulatory compliance, governance and business ethics, corporate matters, securities issues or labour laws.
- As assigned, create, implement and ensure adherence to governance, risk and compliance programs in the APJ region.
- Assist in ensuring all Appian business entities comply with all applicable APJ and foreign laws and regulations.
- Assess legal risks and suggest appropriate business practices in light of legal risk assessments. Mitigate business risk by establishing policies and business processes to keep potential liabilities to a minimum.
- Develop and provide training to Company employees in the APJ region on legal matters and implications for the organisation with respect to software licensing contracts.
- If assigned, help manage the Company’s intellectual property portfolio and strategy within the APJ region.
Basic Qualifications :
- LLB or JD from a top-tier law school and actively licensed to practice.
- 10+ years legal experience in a business environment, including at least 5+ years in an enterprise software or SaaS company preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking skills evidenced by the ability to develop strategies that reduce potential areas of legal risk while furthering business objectives.
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical, and adept at solving complex legal problems.
- Demonstrated flexibility and efficient time management to appropriately prioritise workload based upon Company needs.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity with ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
About Us :
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.