Appian is seeking an Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to support our growing organization. In this role you will be supporting strategic business units including our Engineering and Information Technology groups. You’ll be a proactive mid-level consultant and adviser on all talent issues, including: performance management, employee engagement, talent assessments, leadership development, succession planning and more.
Our HRBPs are intertwined in understanding the buzz of the organization, while also being able to take a strategic view of where we need to be with our talent and how to get there. Specifically, you can expect to manage day-to-day issues, such as: employee relations, compensation and promotion decisions, and driving the agenda for longer-range talent priorities. Our team is based in McLean, Virginia, with additional global offices.
*Targeting candidates in the DMV area who are comfortable coming into the office on a flexible, hybrid schedule (3 days a week).
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Help to develop, engage and retain a diverse, top-tier talent group
- Prepare reports of the findings, present findings to specific audiences, and make recommendations to address root cause issues
- Assist in the delivery of employee communications
- Advise employees and people managers on topics such as workforce shaping, performance management, talent reviews, succession planning, development plans, reorganizations, and employee engagement surveys
- Coach managers in effective and proactive people management initiatives such as leadership skills, training and development, organizational design, and performance concerns
- Understand and mitigate corporate risk associated with relevant employment laws/policies; Advise on leave topics such as ADA, FMLA, etc.
- Support the broader HR Business Partner community by partnering with other People Team groups including Learning, Compensation and Recruiting
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, off-cycle salary actions, promotions, and job re-leveling/re-alignment
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- 5+ years of experience in a People/Talent field, including: roles that involve learning and development, employee relations, recruiting or HR management
- Experience with employee relations issues & performance management
- Prior work in a tech environment, preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change in the world.