We are seeking a Senior Technical Consultant to join our Customer Success team. In this role, you will be engaging with our customers post-sales to develop software solutions on the Appian platform. These applications help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. Your primary responsibilities will be to help lead projects, implement and build applications on Appian’s low-code automation platform, and work closely with our commercial clients.
What you’ll do:
- Immediately impact clients by partnering throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, develop and implement custom software solutions using Appian’s low-code platform.
- Lead discussions with external clients to understand their business processes and technical needs.
- Lead and mentor consultants through fast past, software implementations
- Propose conceptual technical solutions and make changes based on the client’s feedback in an Agile environment.
- Design, build and launch new relational data models in production.
- Develop APIs to integrate with multiple systems.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, and adaptability.
- Collaborate with client’s technical teams and business users as needed throughout the entire software development life cycle.
You’ll be successful in this role if you are:
- Skilled at working with clients to define business processes and gather functional and technical system requirements
- Not an order taker; asks “why” questions and solve the right problems
- A leader; Passionate about mentoring and developing others
- Passionate about technology and enjoys continuously learning
- Successful on cross-functional teams; has built products using agile methodologies
- An excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
Education and Travel:
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel; 50% to support customer engagement
- Agile software development practices, pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints
- Experience leading small teams through post-sale software implementation
- Basic understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience with database design or data modeling
- SQL skills - writing queries, joins, views, etc.
- Knowledge of software testing practice; Test-driven development, setup and execution of automated test suites within a continuous integration framework
- Integrations experience using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC connections, and web services
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, and Elastic Containers
The base compensation for this role will range from $85,000-$120,000/year. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Appian considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills, internal peer equity, and market and business conditions when extending an offer.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .