We are seeking a Technical Consultant with Federal Acquisition experience to join our Customer Success team. In this role, you will become an expert on Appian’s Federal Acquisition solutions, contribute to developing and creating our acquisition focused offers and engage with our customers post-sales to implement solutions on the Appian platform. Team members in this role may not work exclusively in the Federal Acquisition space, but also may support other initiatives for our federal clients.
What you’ll do:
- Impact clients by implementing and adapting Appian’s Acquisition Solutions for DoD and Federal Civilian customers.
- Proved thought leadership by supporting the creation and definition of Appian’s offers and product strategy within the acquisition space.
- Lead discussions with clients to understand their business processes and requirements, and create a technical vision and approach that modernizes them with Appian’s acquisition solutions and/or through the implementation of new custom functionality.
- Support training, change management, and release planning to transition the solutions to production.
- Design, build and launch new relational data models in production and develop APIs to integrate with multiple systems.
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, and adaptability.
- Collaborate with client’s technical teams and business users as needed throughout the entire software development life cycle.
You’ll be successful in this role if you are:
- Skilled at working with clients to define and adapt solutions to modernize and support Federal Acquisition business processes and requirements.
- Bring project experience and familiarity implementing solutions related to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and/or Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- Not an order taker; asks “why” questions and solve the right problems.
- Passionate about technology and enjoys continuously learning and building
- Successful on cross-functional teams; has built products using agile methodologies.
- An excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Education and Travel:
- US Citizenship - candidates being considered for a Public Sector role must be a U.S. citizen.
- 2-5+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel; 10% or less annually to support customer engagement
- Hand on experience with the DoD Standard Procurement System (SPS), experience with major acquisition COTS products (e.g. Oracle CLM, Prism, Momentum, etc.) and/or experience on federal programs leading federal acquisition modernization efforts
- Agile software development practices, pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints
- Basic understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience with database design or data modeling
- SQL skills - writing queries, joins, views, etc.
- Knowledge of software testing practice; Test-driven development, setup and execution of automated test suites within a continuous integration framework
- Integrations experience using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC connections, and web services
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, and Elastic Containers
- Existing DoD Clearance is a plus
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.