We are seeking a Customer Success Manager to join our Customer Success team. In this role, you will advise customers on how to maximise the value they get from Appian software. Through planning sessions, you will discover the customer’s business goals and develop a tailored plan to guide them toward achieving their desired outcomes. As a Customer Success Manager, you will regularly monitor progress against this plan, looking for and mitigating risks.
What you’ll do:
- Perform discovery sessions to understand the customer’s desired outcomes, translate these priorities into actionable plans and then drive execution of these plans with the customer.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
- Identifying potential areas of value for Appian within the client’s business and explaining the associated value proposition.
- Identify and remove any barriers for successful adoption and expansion of the customer’s use of Appian software.
- Maintain engagement with key client stakeholders in order to monitor account health and ensure alignment with their priorities.
You’ll be successful in this role if you are:
- Comfortable identifying drivers of business performance and value creation and can communicate the connection between technology investments and important business outcomes.
- Not an order taker; asks “why” questions and solve the right problems.
- A natural problem solver able to quickly get to the root cause of problems and identify the optimal path to a solution. Your “grit” and determination enables you to find ways past obstacles and setbacks.
- Not content to ‘sit back’, and have a proactive posture in looking for ways to have an impact.
- An excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting to a wide range of stakeholders, from technical resources to senior executives.
- Able to challenge the perspective of others or manage difficult conversations when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 or more years of related experience in the enterprise technology field.
- Strong consulting skills and proven results working as a Trusted Advisor to drive business value for customers.
- Previous experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting preferred.
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture principles, and ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts.
- Experience with agile software development practices.
- Willingness to travel.
*Position start date: January 2022.
About Us :
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .