We are seeking a Customer Success Manager to join our Customer Success team to support our Federal clients. In this role, you will advise customers on how to maximize the value they get from Appian software. Through planning sessions, you will discover the customer’s business goals and develop a tailored plan to guide them toward achieving their desired outcomes. As a Customer Success Manager, you will regularly monitor progress against this plan, looking for and mitigating risks.
What you’ll do:
- Perform discovery sessions to understand the customer’s desired outcomes, translate these priorities into actionable plans and then drive execution of these plans with the customer.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
- Identifying potential areas of value for Appian within the client’s business and explaining the associated value proposition
- Identify and remove any barriers for successful adoption and expansion of the customer’s use of Appian software
- Maintain engagement with key client stakeholders in order to monitor account health and ensure alignment with their priorities
You’ll be successful in this role if you are:
- Comfortable identifying drivers of business performance and value creation and can communicate the connection between technology investments and important business outcomes.
- Not an order taker; asks “why” questions and solve the right problems
- A natural problem solver able to quickly get to the root cause of problems and identify the optimal path to a solution. Your “grit” and determination enables you to find ways past obstacles and setbacks.
- Not content to ‘sit back’, and have a proactive posture in looking for ways to have an impact.
- An excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting to a wide range of stakeholders, from technical resources to senior executives.
- Able to challenge the perspective of others or manage difficult conversations when necessary.
- Strong proponent of Agile best practices who can drive an agile transformation, can clearly articulate the benefits of Agile over Waterfall, and understands how to avoid the traps (WAgile)
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- You have prior experience with software consulting (ideally in a ERP, CRM, BPM/Workflow, Data Integration Architecture or EAI)
- You're well versed in the Federal buying cycle and understand contract vehicles, task orders, and know how to respond to RFP's
- You have prior experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications within the Federal space
- You have prior experience coding, building and/or integrating web services, data integration architecture, designing complex solutions, and/or designing databases
- You’re well educated, with at least a BS in Computer Science or related field/degree in addition to 10+ years of experience
- Strong consulting skills and proven results working as a Trusted Advisor to drive business value for customers
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture principles and the ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts.
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.