Are you passionate about translating data into insights and enabling leaders with interactive dashboards and information? Do you have a natural instinct to solve critical business decisions using data? Do you want to be part of a growing Software technology company in a fast growing market?
Appian’s Customer Success organization is growing! This role demands someone with comfort in both the technical aspects of data, business intelligence, and reporting along with experience with business performance metrics and analysis. We are looking for someone who is collaborative, quick, enthusiastic and has an extremely high level of attention to detail. There is a huge opportunity to make a significant impact on the business. If you are a Power Use of Tableau and want to have a key role in scaling our data and business intelligence capabilities, this role is for you!
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Math, Technology, Finance, Accounting, Business, and/or related field
- You are a Tableau Power User with 3+ years experience using Tableau Desktop / Server (required) developing and publishing visualizations, insight driven reports and dashboards
- You have a “systems mindset”, i.e. you look to solve data and business intelligence issues via systems and applications (not Excel/Google Sheets)
- You have deep analytical skills ideally in a SaaS business model, with the ability to work in detailed data sets and summarize for stakeholders
- You have some experience with database technologies and their data structures
- You are a leader, are pro-active and have great communication skills to support business stakeholders at different levels and across functional areas of an organization
- You thrive in an environment that requires flexibility, with shifting priorities and a fast pace of growth
- You thrive in data and numbers, and appreciate the process of structuring complex data
- You have experience with performance management and identifying and defining performance measures in support of an organization's mission and goals
- You have experience or some knowledge of key software metrics which may include ACV, ARR, NRR, radiation, attrition, renewals, etc.
- You have experience with developing reports/dashboards and analysis leveraging enterprise systems, which may include Salesforce, Gainsight, OpenAir, Projector and/or related systems
- You are able to execute projects and tasks with minimal guidance and supervision
How you’ll contribute:
Enable CS leader with Data & Insights
- Develop, publish, and maintain dashboards in Tableau with self-service and interactive functionality; focused on key performance metrics including ACV, ARR, NRR, renewal rates, delivery revenue and profit, headcount, and other KPIs
- Organize and implement role and access security for Tableau dashboards / data reporting
- Work across business and IT stakeholders to gather data, KPI, and intelligence requirements for Appian’s Customer Success organization
Collaborate on data structure, data integrity, and data governance projects
- Collaborate with IT, Finance and other business units in this area, performed detailed analysis and reconciliations of data, and recommend and implement changes to our data environment to drive the structure, cleanliness, and value of data for users
Perform Complex data analysis and provide insights and business recommendations that inform business strategy and execution
- Analyze detailed data sets using Tableau (and other tools) and provide simple yet powerful summaries, visualizations, and key takeaways for stakeholders
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis on Customer Success performance across all business and functional areas
Develop and maintain data driven forecasts and scenarios
- Develop forecast models, analysis and reports in Tableau (or other tools) with specific focus on ARR, NRR, renewal rates, delivery revenue and margin, and associated metrics
Contribute to strategic systems and tools implementations related to Appian’s data platform and associated systems
- Gather and document requirements from different users and stakeholders
- Collaborate with IT and other groups to establish and drive plans for implementation
- Develop and deliver education materials for users
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.