Appian is looking for a dynamic individual to build and lead the Appian Certification Program within our Education Services department under Customer Success. The Certification Program Manager is responsible for implementing the Appian credential strategy for Appian employees, partners and customers who develop applications on the Appian platform. This individual will increase stakeholder alignment, grow market awareness and brand recognition for the Appian credential program, implement new, innovative credentialing and badging strategies to address our evolving business requirements, increase growth trends in the number of active Appian credentials in the marketplace, and manage program policies and processes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand requirements; develop and implement regular stakeholder communications
- Develop, publish, communicate and maintain the exam development roadmap
- Develop, publish, communicate and maintain program policies and candidate agreements
- Manage formal program communications with candidates via email and Appian Community
- Drive event activities at user conferences and other Appian events
- Maintain an Appian Community presence to connect with candidates and promote the program
- Manage web presence for all credential programs
- Participate in building a Subject Matter Expert (SME) community of evangelists, assist in SME resource planning and recruitment for exam development
- Build exam guides and related marketing/training collateral to ensure program information and assets are updated on all websites and portals.
- Work with vendors to develop and deliver exams
- Track program metrics, reporting internally, including financials
- Work with Appian marketing organizations to promote value of Appian Certification into the marketplace in general, as well as customers and partners
- 7+ years of technical training experience with at least 2+ years’ experience managing credential programs for a high-tech company
- Proven ability to develop impactful communications and marketing programs that drive brand awareness and candidate participation
- Solid understanding of credential and certification programs
- Strong problem solving skills, logical approach to planning and implementing projects and addressing roadblocks
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be a team player, and manage change effectively
- Must be comfortable coordinating and working in global virtual teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, industrial and Organizational Psychology, Psychometrics, Educational Assessment, Instructional Design, or equivalent work experience
Special consideration given for:
- Experience using Microsoft Project or OmniPlan
- Experience with industry tools such as exam development, exam delivery, candidate management, etc.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.