To help expand and educate the community of Appian practitioners globally. Appian is looking for a creative, dynamic, and driven individual to contribute to and lead instructional design initiatives about the product. In this unique position you will define topics of interest for practitioners, conduct research with subject matter experts, structure instructional content, develop lessons and iteratively improve upon them. In this position you will also contribute to Appian’s internal continuous education to help boost the level of proficiency of Appian consultants. You will contribute significantly to Appian’s success by building and implementing best in class and innovative educational frameworks.
This role falls under Appian’s product training team within the Customer Success department. This team serves a global audience consisting of thousands of practitioners both internal and external to the organization.
To be successful in this position, you must be an independent self-starter able to think big – pushing the boundaries of conventional practices for providing educational services sustainably and at scale. In this small team there are opportunities to excel through innovative thinking, collaboration, thoughtful implementation and continuous improvement.
The role requires proven success in instructional design. Specific responsibilities include:
- Research technical and non-technical topics about the Appian’s platform and proven methodologies using a variety of formal and informal sources
- Document the instructional design process and design choices
- Write clear lesson plans with accompanying resources
- Review and provide collaborative feedback on educational content produced by other teams or instructional designers
- Support the onboarding of instructors on new educational content
- Devise, implement and improve instructional design processes
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to identify and prioritize the most impactful areas for educational products
- Maintain educational content when updates are applied to the platform
- Develop, maintain and update content following the agile methodology
- 3 to 5 years of instructional design experience with different methodologies including ADDIE and SAM.
- Exceptional skill at written and verbal communication, including both technical and informal styles
- Proven ability to research technical and non-technical topics about technology
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proven track record designing and development learning solutions in a variety of both hard and soft skill topics.
- Ability to act as a teamplayer, help teammates and contribute to the team’s success
- Ability to achieve deadlines and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.