Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments.
Position Summary: We’re looking for an experienced product manager to own and drive strategy and roadmap for the Appian Mobile application. Our customers use Appian Mobile across an incredibly wide variety of use cases: it puts dashboards in the pockets of banking executives, enables contract-free pickups and paperless logs for truck drivers stocking grocery stores, and coordinates inspections validating good working conditions at factories making products for major brands. This position is ideal for a multi-disciplinary PM with a passion for finding patterns of needs amongst a wildly diverse customer base and that also has the technical chops to write requirements for an enterprise security feature.
What you’ll do: Work on an agile team to prioritize, define, and ensure success of mobile features for a high-level strategic roadmap, as well as increments of value continuously delivered at the sprint level.
- Drive customer- and market-focused discovery activities that will enable data-driven decisions about long-term strategies and near-term backlogs.
- Build support and refine your plans with our internal, highly collaborative community of engineers and business stakeholders
- Define how mobile features will work through collaboration with engineers in design sessions, architecture diagrams, InfoSec review, and usability testing.
- Manage the release and sprint backlog through planning and backlog grooming, working with squad coaches, engineers, and other product managers as needed.
- Write detailed specifications for your peer product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to review and provide feedback on.
- Build customer relationships and improve feature outcomes by conducting pre-release programs
- In collaboration with product marketing and field-facing roles, support and participate in go-to-market activities to accelerate adoption of your products and features
- Track adoption and usage of new features, applying appropriate metrics and analytics to evaluate whether they are having the desired impact.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Have a track record of product growth and success, preferably in mobile-related products for enterprise customers.
- Thrive on customer collaboration and engagement, and get passionate about solving their problems
- Be a strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to envision, prioritize, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things.
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex and ever-changing environments and win people over to your plans.
- Have demonstrated technical background with an understanding of key concepts relevant to enterprise mobility including networking, security, identity, encryption, compliance, usability, accessibility, and mobile hardware.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Experience Level:
- 4+ years of relevant experience with technical products for enterprise customers, currently in a product management role
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.