The cloud infrastructure for the leading Low-Code Platform must be highly secure, highly scalable, and highly available. As a member of the Cloud Services group in the Appian Engineering department, you will make a substantial impact on the growth of our cloud platform and the security, scalability and availability of our systems by working in an agile, global team to design, develop, test, and deploy software systems that orchestrate and power Appian’s cloud infrastructure.
A Senior Agile Coach is a process-focused developer who leverages their knowledge of Agile practices and methodologies to help our delivery teams do the best work they possibly can. Senior Agile Coaches focus on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement throughout the organization.
As a Senior Agile Coach you will collaborate with engineers, product owners, and Cloud Services group leadership to define, coordinate, and communicate future work for the various teams in the Cloud Services group.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Teach, mentor, and coach cross functional members (Developers, Product Managers, Quality Engineers) on the proper application of agile methodologies and on emerging Agile and Lean methods
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies and drive the squad toward data-driven experiments and changes
- Remove impediments, escalate as needed, and ensure the squad is setup for success in delivering its commitments
- Provide regular communication to stakeholders for awareness of progress and impediments
- Look for opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of squad practices
- Develop new processes, drive Agile adoption, and facilitate continuous improvement of our Software Development lifecycle
- Partner with other Agilists to share knowledge and improve department-wide agile practices
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed environment
- Scrum Master Certification or equivalent experience.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent years of experience in an Agile Software Development environment
- 4+ years experience building and delivering software applications and infrastructure
- Minimum 2 year experience coaching Agile teams
- Agile is your mantra and quality is your goal
- You are a master of cross team facilitation and dependency management
- You are passionate about removing blockers
- You have a basic knowledge of software systems and architecture and can empathize with developers
- You have a strong working knowledge of modern software tools such as JIRA, GitHub/GitLab
- You know how CI/CD work and have helped in their implementation
- You have a track record of using Agile and DevOps metrics to drive team improvements
About Appian :
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.