Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
As an observability-focused Senior Software Engineer at Appian you will help build the next generation of our monitoring and alerting platform and tackle our most challenging technical problems alongside other brilliant engineers.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Be passionate about Observability and Kubernetes
- Enjoy working with open-source observability technologies like Grafana, Prometheus, Alertmanager, Cortex, Thanos, Loki, and Jaeger
- Be a strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, learn and execute in order to accomplish amazing things
- Be passionate about identifying and building new tools and technologies to solve complex observability problems
- Be a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough problems
- Have experience with CI/CD tools such as Gitlab or Jenkins
- Have familiarity with AWS or similar Cloud providers
- Have experience in Go, Python, Bash or comparable languages
- Understand the benefits of Kubernetes native monitoring solutions leveraging Kubernetes orchestration
- Be imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great products and experiences
How You’ll Contribute:
- Develop simple yet elegant solutions to complex technical problems at the intersection of Engineering and IT in a small scrum team.
- Leverage a modern and diverse array of tools including Prometheus, Grafana, Alertmanager, Cortex, Thanos, Loki, Jaeger, and Kubernetes to ensure that our platform is built with observability in mind, and that our customers' applications are observant.
- Assist with observability platform issue investigations and remediation
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Dedicated Learning Time. Over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, and tuition reimbursement for external educational programs.
- Engineering IndieTime & annual hackathons. We value activities that get the creative juices flowing and inspire innovation.
- Immersion into our community. Our affinity groups are a great place to connect and grow.
- BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent years of experience writing code
Preferred Experience Level:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, building and delivering software applications.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.