As a Senior Product Engineer working on Engineering Applications built on the Appian platform, your mission will be to ensure Appian is always fast, scalable and up to whatever tasks our customers configure it to do. You will be solving problems of scale and flexibility that most engineers never see, building a product capable of serving our customers in ways you never imagined. Your scope extends from the high-performance data layer to the cross-platform user interface to the design tools used to create it.
- Leverage knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns to write applications and solutions in existing Appian frameworks (SAIL, Process Models, Rules, Expressions, and all Appian Objects) and light full-stack and mobile development.
- Leverage relevant Application development experience to radiate best practices and faster development.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of the product by engineering reliability into Application and systems.
- Contribute to Application performance analysis and system tuning
- Strong contributor to team feature breakdowns/sizing and design of new feature implementations.
- Moderate degree of personal responsibility for the overall performance of the team, including capabilities, quality, stability and velocity.
- Perform application and code reviews which provide feedback not only on quality, but on design and implementation.
- Build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Seek to identify opportunities for application and code refactoring and performance optimizations on a regular basis and champion these efforts within the team.
- Mentor junior Product Engineers by sharing best-practices and providing guidance on how to become more proficient.
- Share advanced/expert knowledge with others in the department, both on and off team; maintain a reputation as a key resource in those areas.
Preferred Experience Level: MS in Computer Science or related field/degree and 1+ years of relevant experience, or a BS and 3+ years of relevant experience in technical consulting of a related field; Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment; Fluency in Appian application development, data structures, integration, testing, scaling, optimization, and plug-in development.
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or related field/degree
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .