Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
As a Lead UX Designer on our User Experience Team you will define and enforce development processes that prioritize creating a great user experience for our new features. You will ensure that Designers understand our users’ needs and are empowered to advocate on their behalf.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Share thoughtful rationale regarding user, business and technical aspects for all design decisions
- Deliver comprehensive end to end solutions to all solutions (including ambiguous cases)
- Demonstrate capability to lead user research and usability research activities
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to identify UX priorities in service of company goals.
- Develop practices and artifacts to standardize repeatable processes for new feature UX design and validation.
- Create and deliver UX education materials to promote usability best practices for engineers, consultants, partners, and customers.
- Personally support the efforts of one or more squads by providing UX consultations and reviews.
- Understand the user requirements and competitive landscape for new initiatives. Use research findings to inform feature designs.
- Provide expertise through mentorship, design critiques and knowledge sharing to junior designers
- Deliver timely and complete UX designs for assigned features on one or more squads.
- Manage the UX scope of assigned new feature initiation projects, working with stakeholders and POs to refine designs, concluding with presentation of feature vision mockups.
- Own the UX vision for specific initiatives within a tribe. Help define the long term roadmap, understand current gaps, and enforce consistency as new features are built.
- Formalize and document UX best practices for internal feature development and external usage of product capabilities.
- Lead by example in contributing to a culture of learning and growth
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
- Bachelor's in Human Computer Interaction or related field
- 5+ years of relevant UX experience
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.