At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! Appian is seeking an experienced product or program manager to create, run, and scale an enterprise alpha and beta program for our partners and customers.
As part of our Product Management team, in this role you will partner with internal product managers, product marketing, sales, enablement, communications, and customer success to design and execute pre-release customer feedback programs designed to help ensure we are building the right thing, and are building it right.
Successfully rolling-out a new product / major release requires collaboration between numerous functional organizations and the many inter-dependencies between the various functional organizations. The ideal candidate is a relationship builder, is driven, organized and detail-oriented; excels in program / project management; thrives in an ambiguous environment; is adept at facilitating actions, identifying risks and interdependencies; helps to create accountability and is motivated by continuous learning.
We’re looking for someone who has professional experience in organizations that primarily sell software products to large enterprises, and understands technology well enough to follow customer feedback about features across Appian's broad product capabilities (including diverse subjects such as databases, cloud architecture, integrations / APIs, web and mobile front ends, enterprise compliance and security, machine learning, and more).
To be successful in this role, you will:
- This position will own Appian’s pre-release customer feedback programs, their processes, artifacts, and KPIs.
- Work closely with a small set of teams conducting alpha and beta programs to understand what’s working today and what’s not. Define a baseline for all the deliverables that will be tracked as part of an alpha or beta in collaboration with various leaders.
- After helping establish a baseline program: hire, mentor and manage a team of who will scale the program out to the broader engineering team.
- Work closely with Product Management leadership to understand the roadmap and identify alpha and beta program opportunities, plan and run cross-departmental kickoffs and ensure the creation of beta launch artifacts such as schedules, legal agreements, demos, FAQs, and participant selection criteria.
- Facilitate recruitment of customer and partner program participants, collaborating with field facing teams to ensure this happens in concert with other initiatives within those accounts.
- Identify, escalate, track, and communicate status on issues and impediments, driving them to resolution.
- Represent, communicate, and champion the Appian pre-release customer feedback programs across the business to internal stakeholders and customers/partners alike.
- Identify opportunity for improvements and put processes and tools in place to support continual efficiency gains.
- Coordinate closely with product launch program management to ensure clean handoffs from pre-launch programs to post-launch early adoption and reference customer development programs.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
- Proactive team-player with a can-do attitude and a deep sense of ownership and accountability.
- 5+ years of experience working in an Enterprise Software vendor.
- Experience internally orchestrating beta, early access, or early adoption programs.
- Experience working cross functionally with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Product teams.
- Excels at multitasking, demonstrates attention to detail, strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate ideas and recommendations clearly.
- Proven track record of delivering cross-functional GTM programs on-time and with high quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.