The Manager, Product Engineering will provide technical leadership in Appian Solution development. You will be responsible for the professional growth and development of engineers. As a manager, you provide direct 1-on-1 mentoring and coaching to a small group of product engineers to improve their skills. Our ideal Manager is a servant-leaders who enjoys helping groups succeed. You can expect to spend roughly 75% of the time as a developer conducting technical design, writing code, code reviews, etc.. and 25% managing direct reports.
- Leverage deep technical understanding of the Appian platform, data structures, algorithms, and design patterns to write applications and solutions in existing Appian frameworks such as SAIL, Process Models, Rules, Expressions, and all Appian Objects as well as light full-stack and mobile development.
- Instill best practices in design and architecture, and improve development timelines.
- Apply knowledge of the Appian platform, from design to underlying architecture, and effective code reviews and technical feedback.
- Contribute to application performance analysis and system tuning.
- Participate in story breakdowns, acceptance criteria definition, technical architecture and design, code review, and automated test development
- Effectively manage up to 6 direct reports through mentoring, coaching, and guiding them in their career paths and foster a culture of learning and growth.
- Lead direct reports; in time management, communication of raises and bonuses, performance reviews, etc.
Preferred Experience Level: 6+ years in application development, with 1+ years as a mentor or manager
Education : B.S. in a technical discipline such as Computer Science or related field, advanced degree preferred
About Us :
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .