Appian’s vision is to unite people, process, and data in a seamless platform for low-code automation across the enterprise. Unfortunately, businesses today are hamstrung by their data being spread across their enterprise. Appian's Low Code Data Group is striving to make data faster to query, easier to leverage in applications, and a joy for users to consume. We're looking for passionate people who want to create powerful, data-driven features that will allow enterprises to quickly bring together data and build new business applications in order to transform their business.
The goal is to make it easy for developers to quickly build powerful, complex, and performant data-driven applications. We work with the customer's data, whether it be in traditional databases, web services or third party tools like Salesforce. We then layer on top of that our "Appian Data Service" which adds additional features that let the customer easily extend their data, join across sources, handle complex security, and create powerful UIs and reports. Building an app development framework that satisfies power users as well as beginners is extremely challenging. We need smart, passionate and innovative people to help us continue to improve our data-centric app development capabilities and ensure they are intuitive, fast, and flexible.
As a Senior Agile Coach you will help build the next generation of our core low-code application development platform and leverage your knowledge of industry proven frameworks and drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the organization.
- You have 4+ years experience building and delivering software applications and infrastructure
- You have at least 1 year experience coaching Agile teams
- Agile is your mantra and quality is your goal
- You are a master of cross team facilitation and dependency management
- You are passionate about removing blockers
- You have a basic knowledge of software systems and architecture and can empathize with developers
- You have a strong working knowledge of modern software tools such as JIRA, GitHub/GitLab
- You know how CI/CD work and have helped in their implementation
- You have a track record of using Agile and DevOps metrics to drive team improvements
- You hold a BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience in an Agile Software Development environment
How You’ll Contribute:
- In one of our Agile squads, you will teach, mentor, and coach cross functional members (Developers, Product Managers, Quality Engineers) on the proper application of agile methodologies and on emerging Agile and Lean methods
- You will facilitate Agile ceremonies and drive the squad toward data-driven experiments and changes
- You will help remove impediments, escalate as needed, and ensure the squad is setup for success in delivering its commitments
- You will provide regular communication to stakeholders for awareness of progress and impediments
- You will look for opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of squad practices
- You will develop new processes, drive Agile adoption, and facilitate continuous improvement of our Software Development Life Cycle
- You will partner with other Agilists to share knowledge and improve department-wide agile practices
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.