Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Appian is growing and so is our Data Integrations squad! Our team is improving and expanding our core integration capabilities to offer our customers increasing possibilities in a low-code environment. We are looking for brilliant software engineers like yourself to build out and expand our integration services. Building a platform forces us to think abstractly, and write code that will work and scale no matter the shape or source of the customer's data. That makes for more interesting and challenging design problems.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience designing and implementing code that connects highly available and mission critical interoperable systems.
- Skills producing secure and robust code, especially leveraging industry best practices and standards such as OAuth and SAML
- Ability to consistently produce efficient and elegant code in Java or other object-oriented languages in a timely manner.
- Passion for tackling and solving complex problems involving high-performant interoperable systems.
- Flexibility and openness to work with different tools, technologies, and people.
- Initiative to identify and seize areas of opportunity.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- An on-boarding program that will provide hands-on experience with our platform, and the processes and technologies we use in the Engineering department.
- Our team works primarily with Java, Git, Locust, Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm; while also having the autonomy to use other technologies as needed to accomplish our goals more effectively.
- Personal Indie Time (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want) and annual hackathons that provide opportunities for growth and leadership, which are activities that inspire others and get creative juices flowing.
- M.S. in Computer Science or related field/degree and 2+ years of relevant experience, or B.S. in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years experience in software development
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.