At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Product Manager, you’ll be embedded on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, and own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each and every iteration.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the core platform on which all Appian Cloud customer sites will run. This position is for you if you are deeply interested in cloud infrastructure and services, and especially if you are experienced with modern cloud native architectures, containerization, and orchestration using Kubernetes. As such, we are looking for a person with a strong technical background and a desire to apply that expertise to decisions that have direct customer impact.
What you’ll do: Work on an agile team to prioritize, define, and ensure success of infrastructure features for a high-level strategic roadmap, as well as increments of value continuously delivered at the sprint level.
- Prioritize what we should build and in which order we should build them by analyzing internal and external customer use cases, understanding technology trends, incorporating information security requirements, and collaborating with stakeholders on product vision and strategy.
- Present ideas and progress on new features through department-wide and internal team reviews to elicit feedback.
- Define how infrastructure features will work through collaboration with engineers in design sessions, architecture diagrams, InfoSec review, and usability testing.
- Manage the release and sprint backlog through planning and backlog grooming, working with squad coaches, engineers, and other product managers as needed.
- Write detailed specifications for your peer product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to review and provide feedback on.
- Track adoption and usage of new features, applying appropriate metrics and analytics to evaluate whether they are having the desired impact.
- See features through documentation, prioritization of bugs and enhancements, and usage analysis
- You have a strong technical background, likely as a former cloud services software developer who later became a product manager or product owner.
- You understand the value of cutting edge infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes and are eager to help us use it to take our product to new heights.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex and ever-changing environments.
- Demonstrated technical background with a deep understanding of key concepts related to availability, scalability, resiliency, and security.
- Believer in the principles of DevOps and infrastructure as code.
Preferred Experience Level:
4+ years of relevant experience with cloud infrastructure, currently in a Product Owner role.
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.