Summary: Master of quality techniques and tools. Ensure high quality and timely delivery of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding changes from the customer perspective and ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process. Strives to understand complex system interactions and dependencies that can cause quality issues and ensures engineers account for them in their design and testing. Analyzes mistakes and helps ensure they do not recur.
- Manually test and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, functionality, database, and regression Test features across web, Android and iOS platforms.
- Write automated test code using tools like Java, Python and Selenium. Ability to apply test automation design and techniques.
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects and aid in the documentation of defects and anomalies.
- Build, maintain and improve test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Work with other scrum team members to define and review Acceptance Criteria.
- Participate in critical release activities for all platforms.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of bugs and test results.
- Ability to effectively apply software testing design techniques.
- Systematically analyze requirements ensuring they provide effective input into Engineering activities.
- Effectively and efficiently determine root causes of leaked defects.
- Leads and/or participates in release management activities.
- 4+ years of relevant experience (e.g., Quality, Test, Performance, or Software Engineer).
- Experience with manual and automated testing.
- Familiar with modern AI techniques like: machine learning, NLP (natural language processing), automation & robotics, machine vision.
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with testing implementations of machine learning model lifecycle, including automated model performance evaluation and retraining.
- Experience with designing and implementing tests & experiments to assess & optimize Machine Learning Model performance.
- Experience working with large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Familiarity with common metrics for Machine Learning Models quality such as accuracy, precision, recall, F1-score, AUC, ROC, etc.
- Familiarity with AI/ML modeling approaches such as supervised and unsupervised techniques.
- Familiarity with modern AI Cloud tools like: Google Cloud's AI and machine learning products (e.g. AutoML, Dialogflow etc.).
- Solid understanding of probability and statistics and their applications to AI/ML software quality evaluation.
- Prior experience working directly with Open Source ML projects and communities like PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, Apache MxNet, spaCy and/or HuggingFace Transformers.
- Managerial Skills.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.