Senior DevOps Engineer
What is Appian? Appian is a low-code application platform that lets businesses rapidly build powerful cloud and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code. Appian provides full stack automation, uniting humans, bots, and AI workflows. Appian's philosophy of "Data Anywhere" gives our customers the flexibility to integrate data from multiple systems into a single user interface without requiring data migration. All of these differentiators rely on the power provided by the underlying software components that this position will guide and shape from a requirements perspective.
What you’ll do
- You understand what it takes to take code and turn it into a tool that users can rely on and work with in different scenarios ranging from our SaaS cloud solution to on-premise deployments.
- You will continue to grow our automated processes around testing and deploying code while working on our cloud services to be ready to scale to larger volumes of data.
- Given control over our infrastructure, you stay ahead of failure by devising and monitoring services that have built-in fault tolerance. You find the best tools to setup scripts and maintenance tasks in our Dockerized environment.
- Strong communication is key in this role where, for instance, you help our development team to drive the design early on or support data engineers and customers.
- Being concerned about network security and data protection comes natural to you and you strive to push for better solutions and are not afraid to criticise and rethink existing approaches.
- As a DevOps engineer, you make sure that customer data is stored and accessed according to best practices on-premises and in the cloud.
- You mentor junior DevOps Engineers.
- You're on a senior level with at least 6 years of professional experience in DevOps
- You have experience with docker and container orchestration, i.e. Docker-Compose, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm
- You have experience with scripting in UNIX environments, i.e. Bash, Python
- You bring profound knowledge of linux system administration and Linux Tooling
- You have Cloud Deployment experience (GCP, AWS, Azure, ...)
- You're skilled in Network & Infrastructure Security
- You have experience with continuous integration
- Ideally you have worked in a fast-paced environment / start-up before
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .