Skilled Software Engineer that is passionate about quality and is able to leverage technology to achieve departmental quality goals. The Engineering Productivity Group at Appian holds the highest standards for the overall developer experience and the quality of the code. We are streamlining how our software engineers write code and push it to production through smart automation. We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer in Test with the ongoing goal of reducing manual regression testing through strategic investment in automation.
- You're passionate about software quality and leveraging new technology and frameworks to achieve high quality goals.
- You constantly seek opportunities to make testing more effective and efficient; and you're inherently proactive about staying abreast on emerging test tooling and technologies.
- You have experience developing and maintaining product tests and test frameworks focused primarily on System/API/UI testing.
- You are a software engineer skilled in software design and writing maintainable code and passionate and skilled in testing.
- You understand the total cost of ownership of automated tests and use that to prioritize automation investment.
What you'll do:
- Envision, design and develop test frameworks that can be used at various stages in the development pipeline to create necessary level of confidence for continuous delivery
- Develop maintainable automated tests using tools like WebDriver, FitNesse, Locust, Jmeter, BrowserStack, EndTest, Appium.
- Build custom applications for testing as necessary in languages like Java or Python.
- Develop automation that minimizes fragility through architectural patterns that isolate coupling to System Under Test (SUT), minimize maintenance costs as the SUT API changes.
- Develop system level regression and smoke tests that focus on the system as a whole.
- Train teams on the use and extension of the tooling to scale the use of the test infrastructure across Engineering.
- Provide assistance/guidance on use of technologies to solve testing problems.
- Assert user requirements, not code or design level validation typical of unit or integration testing.
Strongly Preferred Experience: you’ve been a professional software developer in the past and have written production code. Linux, bash, and general automation infrastructure is important.
Education: B.S. degree in Computer Science preferred
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .