About our Team:
Low-code is a new way to create applications. It’s fast, you create apps by simply drawing a workflow diagram. It also unifies all your resources - your people, technologies, and data - in a single workflow.
When you create apps with us you should expect to build your apps 10x faster, reduce your maintenance costs by 50%, and gain superior functionality as compared to traditional development.
Our Group’s (Designer Simplicity) mission is to simplify the app design and development experience of our Designer tools. Appian Designer tools are used internally and by our customers to build powerful, user-friendly, enterprise-scale applications. Our mission is to simplify the complex. We are refreshing the Designer tool experience to better keep developers in the flow as they are developing an app.
We work in a highly-collaborative environment with Product and Design to help make Appian developers more productive and efficient. We don’t just write code, we actively participate in conversations on how best to make the Appian low-code development experience more intuitive.
About this Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Designer Simplicity Group, you will help build the next generation of our Appian Designer tool. You will help to plan and scope new features. Your work will span across all parts of our stack -- front and back-end. You will mentor and guide other engineers by reviewing their code and being a sounding board. We work in small, decentralized teams, each with decision-making authority that gives us the freedom to choose our own approach in how we solve problems.
- You have 6+ years of experience building and delivering software applications
- You’re a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough programming problems
- Agile is your mantra and quality is your goal
- Data structures & algorithms delight you; you thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- You move at the speed of CI/CD, helping improve processes and quality
- You possess excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- You hold a BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent years of experience writing code
How You’ll Contribute:
- In a small scrum team you will develop simple yet elegant solutions to complex technical challenges
- Manage availability, latency, scalability, security and efficiency of data access within Appian by engineering reliability into software and systems
- Play an integral part in the design, architecture, standards and Agile methods for our web-based and mobile platform
- Automate functional testing as well as testing for performance and security
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Mentor other software engineers and perform code reviews
About Us :
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.