Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
As an experienced Software Engineer at Appian you will help build automation (RPA, AI, ML) into the next generation of our core low-code application development platform and help tackle our most challenging technical problems alongside other brilliant engineers.
- In an autonomous scrum team you will develop simple yet elegant solutions to complex technical problems at the intersection of Engineering and IT
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Manage availability, latency, scalability, security and efficiency of data access within Appian by engineering reliability into software and systems
- Play an integral part in the design, architecture, standards and Agile methods for our web-based and mobile platform
- Automate functional testing as well as testing for performance and security
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- You have experience building and delivering enterprise grade software applications
- You’re a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough system problems
- You have experience in CI/CD in Cloud environments, like AWS and continuous integration systems, like Jenkins
- You thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- You hold a BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent years of experience writing code in a modern programming language (Java preferred)
- You have demonstrable understanding of systems, algorithms, and OO design
- Agile is your mantra and quality is your goal
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English is required
Want to learn more about us?