As part of the Process Engine squad you’ll dive into challenges of scaling a complex and powerful platform (PaaS). You’ll get to build the engine behind Appian’s core platform. As an increasing number of apps are being built by our users on the platform the process engine squad must shape the future of Appian’s analytics and reporting engine.
- Data is your passion. You’re an efficient and elegant coder, ideally with 5+ years of strong experience building applications using kdb+/q
- Data structures & algorithms delight you; you thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- Fundamentals aren’t always fun -- but you know they are critical for understanding anything you seek to learn
- You have no problem with OOP or functional programming
- Huge plus if you have familiarity with enterprise search products
Working in Appian Engineering:
- Indie and learning time-- set aside every month for side projects & professional development
- Lateral mobility encouraged by supportive senior leadership
About Us :
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination . If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.