At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Great people; great software! As a Senior Software Engineer at Appian you will help build the next generation of our core low-code application development platform and help tackle our most challenging technical problems alongside other brilliant engineers.
- You have 6+ years experience building and delivering software applications
- You have 2+ years experience working with machine learning/artificial intelligence disciplines including: statistical machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, algorithmic foundations of optimization
- You have industry experience writing production level code in at least one programming language (Java, Python, Scala, C#, etc.)
- You have experience working with at least one machine learning or deep learning framework/library such as Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, spaCy, HuggingFace Transformers, Keras etc.
- You hold a BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent years of experience writing code
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or Data Science preferred
How You’ll Contribute:
- Define & execute test strategies to validate expected performance of ML Models.
- Define & automate ML model metrics collection & reporting in order to drive improvements to underlying algorithms.
- Create tests & experiments to measure and determine optimal model performance.
- Research industry trends & apply industry best practices to evolve ML techniques.
- Design & develop test automation framework & tools specifically for building & testing ML models.
- Create baseline and Ground Truth models.
- Run A/B tests for Online validation of different versions of Machine Learning Models.
About Us :
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination . If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.