Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you sell for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
Appian is looking for a high-energy, results-driven Regional Vice President (RVP) to drive and manage the growth of our State Government sales team. RVPs are responsible for achieving the booking targets within their defined region, and will lead a team of Enterprise Account Executives. This role reports directly to the Area Vice President and will work with other members of the sales and professional services leadership teams to ensure the overall quota is met.
To be successful in this role, you will :
- Manage all revenue streams and sales operations including pipeline and forecasting and achieving quarterly and yearly booking targets
- Work with and through other functional areas, overseeing all aspects of the customer relationship lifecycle, from initial lead to sale, delivery, and fulfilment of business case
- Manage direct sales staff to ensure they make yearly quota
- Build relationships with key individuals within our prospective and existing customer base
- Engage in strategic and tactical discussions with Account Executives and with coaches/champions to ensure Appian is best positioned to win
- Ensure the team is successful in all facets of their job responsibilities: software revenue, relationship building, pipeline building, accurate forecasting
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training : Start with Value, which is our 2-week training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion and participation in different programs like Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership and communication
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation and with our Appian Guarantee, our customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder that more and more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more about our passion for the product from our Director, Solutions Consulting here
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year-over-year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organisation. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary and generous benefits. Read more about how our sales culture values openness, curiosity, and collaboration here
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of quota carrying enterprise sales experience to large, complex organisations
- Successful track-record in Public Sector (State Government) or Enterprise Software Sales, ideally with emphasis on platform (PaaS) sales and/or BPM, Case Management or Enterprise Applications
- You are a strategic thinker, capable of leading sales efforts across all functional areas of the enterprise
- Ability to establish and maintain executive relationships with customer key decision makers and thought leaders
- Keen management skills that include strategy and tactical planning/execution, territory decisioning, pricing/proposing, negotiating, etc.
- You’re adept at skilfully building and leading a multi channel sales organisation selling into public sector as well as commercial organisations
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.