Sales Engineer (Solutions Consultant)
As a Sales Engineer, you will actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical adviser and product advocate. Using technical creativity and business acumen, you will illustrate the value that Appian’s platform can provide. You must be able to engage and articulate product positioning to both business and technical users in competitive scenarios. You will also rapidly identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
Our Enterprise Low-Code Automation Platform is the only unified platform for rapidly building new apps, extending legacy apps, automating business processes, and developing collaborative workflows, allowing up to 10x faster development and 6x faster deployment.
What you'll be doing
- Partner with Account Executives to achieve defined sales goals
- Lead efforts to ensure the delivery of all technical resources into the sales campaigns
- Assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to clients
- Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales activities
- Design and deliver high quality technical Proof of Concepts for prospective customers
- Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-Level audience
- Represent Appian’s product to customers and at field events such as conferences, summits, seminars, etc.
- Assist with the radiation strategy within the target accounts by building customer relationships
- Manage target accounts that may span multiple Account Executives
- Work with colleagues across the organization to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical goals
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Strong experience as a successful Pre-Sales Engineer OR a Professional Services/Consulting role that is client facing and involves sales scenarios - Able to do custom POCs and demos
- Ability to strategically problem solve by thinking outside of the box is required daily
- Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Recent experience programming within a modern web or enterprise development systems
- Familiarity in production environments (application servers, web servers, databases)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design