Senior Solutions Consultant (Sales Engineer) - Portugal
Appian provides a low-code development platform that accelerates the creation of high-impact business applications. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance.
As a Sales Engineer, you will actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical adviser and product advocate. Using technical creativity and business acumen, you will illustrate the value that Appian’s platform can provide. You must be able to engage and articulate product positioning to both business and technical users in competitive scenarios. You will also rapidly identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
What you'll be doing
- Partner with Account Executives to achieve defined sales goals
- Lead efforts to ensure the delivery of all technical resources into the sales campaigns
- Assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to clients
- Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales activities
- Design and deliver high quality technical Proof of Concepts for prospective customers
- Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-Level audience
- Represent Appian’s product to customers and at field events such as conferences, summits, seminars, etc.
- Assist with the radiation strategy within the target accounts by building customer relationships
- Manage target accounts that may span multiple Account Executives
- Work with colleagues across the organization to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical goals
- Speaks fluent Spanish & Portuguese
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Strong experience as a successful Pre-Sales Engineer OR a Professional Services/Consulting role that is client facing and involves sales scenarios - Able to do custom POCs and demos
- Ability to strategically problem solve by thinking outside of the box is required daily
- Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Familiarity with Business Process Management Platforms, Low Code Platforms, or Application Development Platforms is a plus
- Recent experience programming within a modern web or enterprise development systems
- Familiarity in production environments (application servers, web servers, databases)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.