Are you looking to combine your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem solving? Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, and are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Joining the Customer Success team will provide you with the support and growth you need to strengthen and evolve your skills within the consulting field.
We are seeking a Process Mining Consultant to join our Customer Success team. In this role you will learn our methodology to analyze business processes across different industries using Appian’s technology.
Process mining is a technique that uses data to discover and measure behaviors of complex systems to identify improvement opportunities. All too often, businesses develop applications and processes based on assumptions. With Process Mining, Appian Customer Success empowers our customers to make design decisions that align to their goals based on data and facts.
As a member of the team, you will be engaging with our customers throughout the life cycle of our process mining engagements. Helping them analyze business processes and uncover the source of customer problems. You will analyze large datasets to understand why businesses suffer from issues like rework, bottlenecks, and waste.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Quantitative analytical skills and understanding of process data and patterns
- Experience in ETL, or data engineering and the analysis and visualization of data
- Experience with Python or R
- Experience working with relational databases and database design/data modeling, and SQL skills (writing queries, joins, views, etc)
- Experience working with REST API’s
- Experience with Docker, Git, and command line utilities is a plus
- Analysis experience of processes in any of the following fields is a plus: banking & finance, manufacturing, pharmaceutical/life sciences, energy, telecommunications
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, a passion for technology and continuous learning, and an affinity for asking “why” and solving the right problems
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding and Appian training, but you will also complete a CS specific bootcamp to prepare you for your first client project.
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow CS members, guild participation , or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical and professional growth.
- Career: CS career planning concentrates on three main tracks - technical, focus, and business and it’s up to you to decide where your passions lie. Each employee will be matched with an advisor who will be your go to resource for all career questions and guidance. They can help with anything from questions about promotions to which track is right for you.
- Culture: Appian’s customer success group is quickly expanding but the culture continues to make the department feel like a small community. Monthly social events are planned virtually and in the DC area while our First Year Experience (FYE) group concentrates on creating a smooth transition for all new employees entering the working force for the first time.
- 1+ years of experience with process improvement, technology consulting, or software services/implementations
- Bachelors in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering, Information Systems, or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel; 20% to support customer engagements
The base compensation for this role will range from $75,000-$100,000/year. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Appian considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills, internal peer equity, and market and business conditions when extending an offer.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.