Are you looking to combine your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem solving? Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, and are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Joining the Customer Success team will provide you with the support and growth you need to strengthen and evolve your skills within the consulting field.
We are seeking a Customer Success Manager to join our Customer Success team. In this role, you will advise customers on how to maximize the value they get from Appian software. Through planning sessions, you will discover the customer’s business goals and develop a tailored plan to guide them toward achieving their desired outcomes.You will drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own while identifying potential areas of value for Appian within the client’s business and explaining the associated value proposition. As a Customer Success Manager, you will maintain engagement with key client stakeholders in order to monitor account health, mitigate potential risks and ensure alignment with their priorities.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience identifying drivers of business performance and value creation and communicating the connection between technology investments and important business outcomes
- Prior experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications
- Prior experience within an Agile software development team, coding, building and/or integrating web services, data integration architecture, designing complex solutions, and/or designing databases
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture principles and the ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts
- Strong grasp of Agile best practices in order to drive Agile transformations, with the ability to clearly articulate the benefits of Agile over Waterfall and understanding of how to avoid traps (WAgile)
- Natural problem solving ability, proactive posture in looking for ways to have an impact, and grit to find ways past obstacles and setbacks
- Excellent communication skills in order to effectively present to a wide range of stakeholders, from technical resources to senior executives
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding and Appian training, but you will also complete a CS specific bootcamp to prepare you for your first client project.
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow CS members, guild participation , or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical and professional growth.
- Culture: Appian’s customer success group is quickly expanding but the culture continues to make the department feel like a small community. Monthly social events are planned virtually and in the DC area while our First Year Experience (FYE) group concentrates on creating a smooth transition for all new employees entering the working force for the first time.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience in software consulting (ideally in ERP, CRM, BPM/Workflow, Data Integration Architecture or EAI)
- Willingness to travel 50%
The base compensation for this role will range from $125,000-$140,000/year. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Appian considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills, internal peer equity, and market and business conditions when extending an offer.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .