The Vice President (VP) of Business Technology leads the department responsible for providing technology leadership (strategy, planning, execution, communications) across all of Appian. The department is centralized for technology decision making and is proactive in bringing solutions to enable Appian’s growth.
The VP of Business Technology specifically owns:
- Strategy, planning, execution and communication
- Application development
- Technical infrastructure
- Business applications
- Service desk
- Data management
The VP of Business Technology is a new position and reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
The VP of Business Technology works closely with their peer, the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), who also reports to the CIO.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Desire for leading in a high growth environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills: skilled in crafting verbal and written messages as well as receiving and interpreting communication from others in a global company.
- History of success in making decisions which have a long-term impact on the company's operations.
- Experience successfully developing and implementing information technology strategic plans to meet objectives where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company, competitive environment, technology, and economic or social implications of organization.
- Leadership experience in directing and controlling the activities of complete functional areas, organizations, product groups, or service areas through multiple levels of management. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and approving changes to methods and practices. Manages a team of Directors and/or high-level individual contributors.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We benefit from our own Appian software. We build apps and workflows rapidly, with our low-code automation platform. We combine people, technologies, and data in a single workflow to maximize resources and dramatically improve business results.
- Appian’s technology landscape is modern (cloud, agile, devops), without significant legacy burdens (e.g data centers, overlapping systems) to maintain.
- As a software company, there is a highly technical workforce. Your co-workers have high expectations on the art of the possible.
- A view that business technology is meant to help scale the company.
- You will benefit from an experienced inclusive team of leaders and individual contributors.
- Being based at Appian’s headquarters with proximity to other leaders and teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field of study required.
- Ability to work nights or weekends, as needed
- Travel of up to 15% of the time
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.