Here at Appian, we’re passionate about automation, speed, and efficiency; and the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution and communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, and partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian.
Appian’s information security team is growing and is seeking an Information Security Professional to assist with operations, monitoring, and compliance. This person will work in a dynamic information security team and be exposed to modern cloud technologies and security frameworks.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Deploying and maintaining strong governance and compliance programs throughout the organization to include ensuring security controls meet industry standards and global frameworks such as NIST, SOC, ISO, HITRUST, FedRAMP, IRAP, C5, ENS, 800-171, etc.
- Proficient understanding and experience working with security controls from a technical and risk management perspective to include the identification, monitoring, measurement, implementation, and analysis of controls.
- Ensuring the sustainability of security controls through an effective continuous monitoring program and improvement of controls by identifying and connecting systems and data to provide direct visibility and assurance
- Working with cross-functional teams on new and diverse technologies and be exposed to modern cloud solutions and security frameworks to achieve governance priorities and objectives
- Supporting internal and external security reviews, audits, and control evaluations
- Working directly with customers to present relevant Appian security framework information
- Evaluating a diverse range of both cloud and local solutions and technologies to identify impact and risk
- Working with various teams throughout the organization to ensure that solutions are implemented securely
- Working directly with vendors to review external control environments
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We value innovation and investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth and leadership. Whether it’s through Engineering IndieTime (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others and get creative juices flowing.
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in related field of study
- 3+ years of experience directly related to governance and compliance
- Strong understanding of various control frameworks and requirements, and ability to adapt and apply new ones as required
- Knowledge of cloud-based models (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and technologies used to implement controls within these environments
- Ability to articulate complex information security concepts and requirements in clear, concise, and actionable manner to personnel of varying technical backgrounds and positions through both written products and verbal communications
- Ability to effectively lead projects and work independently with minimal supervision
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.