Appian’s information security team is growing and is seeking a Security Operations Center Manager (SOC) to help get us to the next level!
This position is responsible for building and leading the Appian Federal Security Operations Center (SOC). This is a new program being built out to support federal customers
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising people, process and technology. This is a 24/7/365 operation and you will provide team leadership, develop strategic programs, identify technology initiatives, and develop and implement policies and procedures. Specific functional areas of responsibility and proficiency include: security event monitoring, security tools and infrastructure, stakeholder engagement (customers and operational partners), data-driven (metrics) reporting, team and task-specific performance assessment, and management of Appian’s critical incident responses.
About the Job:
- Build, staff, lead and manage a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center; Plan and direct day-to-day activities
- Select and deploy Security Operations Center tools and infrastructure; Build out team that is capable of acting upon events and maintaining infrastructure
- Responsible performance management and career development of SOC members
- Instill and reinforce industry best practices in the domains of incident response, cybersecurity analysis, case and knowledge management, and SOC operations
- Recruit and staff a team responsible for 24x7x365 operations
- Establish operational foundations, defining metrics and KPIs to drive governance, quality and efficiency
- Promote and drive implementation of automation and process efficiencies
- Ensure Security Operations Center compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, industry standards, corporate policies, guidelines and procedures, including but not limited to, NIST, ISO, PCI, HIPAA and SOC 2 requirements
- Provide assessment for a wide range of incidents, events, and situations and provide potential resolutions
- Be adept at managing crises; provide front-line leadership in coordinating Appian’s responses to a wide range of events
- 3+ years experience supervising and/or managing teams
- 5+ years of security operations, intrusion detection and/or incident handling experience
- Knowledgeable about planning, directing, and managing Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) and/or Security Operations Center (SOC) operations in an organization in a large, complex environment
- Mature understanding of industry accepted standards for incident response actions and best practices related to SOC operations
- Experience supervising and leading employees of various roles and technical skill levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create technical reports based on analytical findings.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be Top Secret – Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Eligible
- 4+ years experience supervising and/or managing teams
- 7+ years experience in security operations, intrusion detection and/or incident handling experience
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Solid experience with cloud platforms and security and Cloud Native technologies (i.e. Kubernetes)
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.