Here at Appian, we’re passionate about automation, speed, and efficiency; and the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution and communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, and partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
Appian is seeking a Lead Tableau Developer to join our fast-growing Business Technology team who will execute short-term tactical tasks and analysis needs from different business departments while providing technical expertise in Tableau best practices and other BI technologies. This is primarily a Tableau developer position, though there is potential for admin responsibilities if desired—previous admin experience is not mandatory, however is a plus. Appian's growth trajectory ensures that new employees immediately become core members of our team, working closely with peers and senior managers. This position requires a dedication to excellence.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Work with cross functional user groups, internal business stakeholders, and technical partners to gather requirements, translate ambiguous business problems, and execute analytical and business intelligence solutions.
- Design, develop, and maintain innovative, scalable, and user-friendly intelligence solutions that empower non-technical end users to self-serve with confidence. Effectively present deliverables (dashboards) to all levels of audiences within business departments.
- Drive adoption of the Tableau platform internally by supporting the continuous development of a knowledge center, report library, dashboards, or other mechanisms, creating a support system for Tableau usage across the business.
- Work in tandem with the data engineering team, responsible for building the data warehouse, to build and prepare appropriate datasets across different subject areas to enable cross business analysis.
- Provide best practices in Tableau dashboard UI design and familiarity with wireframing tools.
- Manage and create all sites, users, groups, and content. In addition, create projects, organize site content, and maintain site metrics such as content usage, user activity, and scheduled tasks.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Immersing you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Appian affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- A wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: Appian product training and Appian certification sponsorship, our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Unlimited (flex) PTO, hybrid or remote working arrangement, and flexible working hours.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience building measures and metrics, developing reporting solutions, and with data visualization using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate business needs to data solutions and communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Experience using cloud storage and computing technologies such as AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Big Query, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with implementing and operationalizing embedded analytics on BI projects using iFrame and SAML technologies.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Tableau Server administration - Perform server maintenance (backups, updates, restores, etc.) and monitor server.
- Tableau Certifications (Data Analyst, Desktop Specialist, Desktop Associate, Server Associate, etc.)
- Experience working with ETL tools such as Informatica, Alteryx etc.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.