Appian is seeking a Senior Tableau Server Administrator to join our fast-growing Business Technology team. The Senior Tableau Administrator will also assist in short-term tactical tasks and analysis needs from different business departments. Appian's growth trajectory ensures that new employees immediately become core members of our team, working closely with peers and senior managers. This position requires a dedication to excellence.
In this role you will:
- Take ownership of being a Subject Matter Expert of Tableau Server at Appian.
- Provide recommendations and best practices on UNIX server configuration on which the Tableau Server is installed.
- Perform necessary server upgrades and patching on the UNIX server where Tableau is installed.
- Upgrade the Tableau Server version whenever a new version is released.
- Monitor, maintain, and scale server deployments to satisfy business requirements.
- Automate server monitoring and maintenance tasks.
- Investigate and take lead on resolving issues and system outages.
- Perform server maintenance (backups, updates, restores, etc.).
- Monitor server performance and usage.
- Create a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process to promote dashboards and data sources from Sandbox to Production sites.
- Maintain a catalog of workbooks and data sources using the data catalog module.
- Manage all sites, users, groups, and content.
- Create PostgreSQL reports using Tableau Desktop to customize administrative views
- Create site users and groups.
- Create projects and organize site content.
- Assign content permissions to users and groups.
- Monitor and maintain site metrics such as content usage, user activity, and scheduled tasks.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Hands on experience working on different AWS services
- Experience in configuring and maintaining Tableau Server instances (2020.1 onwards)
- Experience with utilizing scripting languages to leverage Tableau's APIs (REST API, Data Extract)
- Experience automating tasks like deployment of data sources/workbooks across Tableau environment
- Experience creating alerts via scripting
- Proficiency in Tableau Dashboard Development, Tableau Server Administration & Data Modeling
- Proficiency in Tableau command line utility and performance tuning
- Good understanding of Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancer and Network firewall as they relate to Tableau services
- Experience with TSM, Tabcmd, and Tabadmin.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field of study required
- 7+ years of experience working on Business Intelligence projects or programs
- 5+ years of experience in the role of a Tableau Server Administrator or Tableau Server Architect
- Tableau server certification (associate or professional)
- Tableau desktop certification
- Familiarity with DevOps, CICD & Automation pipelinesPI, REST API)
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.