The Appian Solution Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe, touching every layer of the Appian platform. From data analysis to creative problem solving, our Solution Engineers tackle the most challenging technical problems encountered by Appian customers and partners.
We are looking for a hands-on Principal Solution Engineer with demonstrated technical expertise on the Appian platform and superior problem solving skills. The Principal Solution Engineer will solve the most challenging/critical technical problems, drive technical training and lead projects that will benefit the global Solution Engineering team.
- Use your subject matter expertise to provide proactive and reactive support to team members on their assigned work. When engineers are “stuck” on an investigation, they turn to you.
- Provide technical leadership on our most critical and most complex customer issues. When a complex customer issue requires our best technical minds, expect to be involved or leading.
- Enable team members with technical training (new and ongoing), troubleshooting methodologies/playbooks and improvements to the systems and tools used to investigate customer issues.
- Identify product improvements opportunities across supportability, reliability, and performance; and work with product owners to drive these improvements.
- Develops tools, systems, processes and documentation that accelerate our team’s ability to solve problems.
- Contribute to a culture of advanced technical knowledge, customer service excellence and positive customer outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise with the Appian platform and related technologies.
- Proven ability to coach and mentor technical staff
- Excellent problem solving skills and talent for identifying creative solutions
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills (verbal/written)
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.