The Appian Solution Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe, touching every layer of the Appian platform. From data analysis to creative problem solving, our Solution Engineers tackle the most challenging technical problems encountered by Appian customers and partners.
We are looking for a hands-on Technical Support Engineer with demonstrated technical expertise on the Appian platform and superior problem solving skills. The Technical Support Engineer will have a passion in improving customer experience and internal systems, tools and processes used by the Solution Engineering team.
About the job
- Propagate a culture of advanced technical knowledge, customer service excellence and positive customer outcome
- Use your subject matter expertise to provide proactive and reactive support to team members on their assigned work
- Coach team members on best practices for technical troubleshooting, communication/customer management, internal systems/tools and operating procedures
- Manage communications on escalated cases with internal and external stakeholders (customers, field/account teams, software engineering, senior management, etc)
- Identify opportunities to enhance systems and processes to improve the customer experience. Participate in evaluating, prioritizing and actioning these improvement projects
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar work experience
- Excellent at problem solving and a talent for identifying creative solutions
- Desire to work closely with our customers to help lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality and security of our platform
- Flexibility to provide after business hours support (rotation every 10 or so weeks)
- Keen to provide exceptional customer interaction (verbal/written) to our biggest customers
Nice to have
- Programming / scripting (e.g. Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, PHP)
- RDBMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Systems administration (e.g. Linux, Windows)
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .