Lead Solution Engineer
The Appian Solution Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe, touching every layer of the Appian platform. From data analysis to creative problem solving, our Solution Engineers tackle the most challenging technical problems encountered by Appian customers and partners.
We are looking for a hands-on Lead Solution Engineer with strong operational, leadership, communication and technical skills to lead a team of Solution Engineers. The Lead Solution Engineer mentors and supports their team members, ensures they have the appropriate training and tools to be successful, and manages communications with other leadership teams on escalated cases. Additionally, the Lead Solution Engineer leads projects related to improving the customer experience. Such projects may be directly related to improving the Appian platform or may be related to the internal systems, tools and processes used by the Solution Engineering team.
- Manage, develop and mentor a team of Solutions Engineers that are responsible for the maintenance, monitoring and incident response for Appian Cloud environments, and for providing technical support to customers across the development, deployment and production use of Appian platform and solutions.
- Manage the distribution of workload across team members and compliance with our SLAs
- Use your subject matter expertise to provide proactive and reactive support to team members on their assigned work
- Coach team members on best practices for technical troubleshooting, communication/customer management, internal systems/tools and operating procedures
- Create learning plans for your team team members based on department need and their unique professional development interests.
- Ensure team members are recognized for their contributions to customer and team success.
- Advocate for your team’s needs with senior department leadership.
- Perform HR management tasks for team members including quarterly check-ins, promotion nominations, expense and time-off approvals, etc
- Collaborate with Premier Support team on prioritizing issues from Premier Support customers
- Manage communications on escalated cases with internal and external stakeholders (customers, field/account teams, software engineering, senior management, etc)
- Identify opportunities to enhance systems and processes to improve the customer experience. Participate in evaluating, prioritizing and actioning these improvement projects
- Identify macro trends/themes in customer product issues/pain and product supportability/documentation/training deficiencies. Communicate these, with proposals for improvement, to Solution Engineering & Software Engineering leadership
- Assist with adding top talent to our team by participating in recruiting events and conducting candidate interviews.
- Foster a strong team environment focused on advanced technical knowledge, effective collaboration, customer service excellence and positive customer outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree or similar professional work experience
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise with the Appian platform and related technologies
- Proven ability to coach and mentor technical staff
- Excellent problem solving skills and talent for identifying creative solutions
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills (verbal/written)
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.