Sales Training and Development Specialist
The best sales organizations achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you're part of selling for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
Appian seeks a leader for its sales pipeline and business development training and enablement programs. In this role you will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering training for Business Development Reps (BDRs). This role will also work closely with sales and marketing operations on pipeline development tools and initiatives.
- Lead virtual and classroom training sessions for new hire BDRs and Account Executives focused on skills such as campaign creation, cold calling, objection handling, and qualification
- Update existing classroom and e-learning curriculum as needed to improve effectiveness
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing programs and provide feedback to sales management
- Conduct needs analysis and consult with BDR management to build and deliver monthly continuing education training programs for the BDR team
- Team with operations to select, implement and manage pipeline development tools including LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and SalesLoft
- Evaluate participants and provide constructive feedback and guidance for continuous improvement, developing individual coaching plans as required
- Work with sales enablement team on special projects as assigned
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience in Business Development or full cycle sales.
- Experience in a software or technology company with complex product
- Energetic, self-motivated individual who builds relationships with leadership naturally
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with Sales Fast Start, which is our 5-day training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field, like ValueSelling Framework training.
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community and strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Communication, Education, or Business
- Proficiency in computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google Docs, Sheets; Google Hangout and Meet)
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Certifications in sales, instructional design, or facilitation are a plus
- Experience working with international employees is a plus
- Experience with a learning management system is a plus
- Prior experience working in a Sales Training role is a plus
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.