At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Empowered by “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and a culture of dissent- encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
We are looking for a Life Sciences / Pharmaceuticals sector Enterprise Account Executive. You will be in charge of driving success in the Life Sciences & Pharma vertical for Appian UK, establishing meaningful customer relationships, growing and maturing this market; building on our global and local success to date with marquee brands. Your ability to welcome new customer logos and find new automation projects within your assigned accounts is essential to your being successful in this role.
Cross-functional teams from Appian Marketing, Business Development, Customer Success and Solution Consulting functions provide support and tools for you to use to exceed sales performance goals; cross-functional collaboration with these colleagues and functions is critical.
What you’ll be doing:
- Use company-wide success and use cases as a blueprint and add your own ideas, vertical knowledge and expertise to grow this market
- Qualify that customers and prospects have valid business needs for which the Appian platform is uniquely placed to meet
- Discuss business drivers and value with decision makers, up to and including C-Level
- Build and strengthen your business relationship with existing accounts across all hierarchies; follow-up to ensure all their post-sales needs are being met
- Close six and seven figure deals within your target accounts to exceed your goals
- Recommend marketing strategies, campaigns and help define Appian's tailored message into the Life-Sciences and Pharmaceutical companies that will become target accounts
- Provide status information including forecast/pipeline information
- Identify Appian customer references and speakers that can be utilised to showcase success and help bring onboard new logos
What we need to see:
- Demonstrable Experience in influencing Digital transformation initiatives at CXO level
- Demonstrable Experience working with, and selling to Life Sciences & Pharmaceutical customers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer service, business & commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Ability, confidence & credibility to work with CXO stakeholders at customer accounts
- Ability to travel in the UK, working closely with Sales Leadership, cross functional teams, and consulting & SI partners. Occasional travel outside of region/UK required
- A strong understanding of best practice sales process and execution
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation
- Entrepreneurial spirit, autonomy and intellectual curiosity
- A detailed understanding of go-to-market strategies, for example: account segmentation, competitive differentiation, qualification, account based marketing
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.