Associate Solution Engineer
What Appian can offer you:
Top-Ranked Product : Appian is the only recognized global leader across multiple enterprise technology markets, including low-code application development, digital process automation (DPA), intelligent business process management systems (iBPMS), and dynamic case management (DCM). Appian is also a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Applications for the second year in a row.
Unrivaled Career Progression: No, we’re not a massive house-hold name, however, that's a great thing for you and your career! As we’re smaller, more agile and growing there is ample scope for your own personal development.
A person, not a number: At Appian EMEA our teams are constantly evolving and growing. As our business and product becomes more popular we want to ensure we remain a market leader. We want to hear everyone's voices and opinions. We never want you to stop learning or stop contributing. You’re not just another cog in the wheel, you’re an integral part of the Appian community working together to build something amazing.
Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian CIO will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Our Solution Engineering team is looking for an Associate Solution Engineer, a technical “Jack/Jill of All Trades” that loves figuring out “how things work.” As an Associate Solution Engineer, you’ll be a resident expert on the inner workings of the Appian platform and gain full-stack experience that will translate into any technical career. If you’re someone qualified to be a software developer, but that role isn’t for you - then this role could be! You’ll touch every layer of the Appian platform; from data analysis to creative problem solving and you'll tackle the most challenging technical problems while mitigating all of our customers’ concerns.
We have offices in London and Seville. If you are interested in the office in Spain you MUST be able to work in fluent English and Spanish.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- To find creative solutions to some of our customer’s most complex technical concerns
- To provide exceptional, world-class support (verbal/written) to our customers and our highest stakeholders around the globe
- To tackle technical challenges and communicate your work across a variety of departments
- To have a strong interest in software development (minus the coding 8 hours a day part)
- To be excellent at problem solving and a talent for identifying creative solutions
- To desire to work closely with our customers to help lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality and security of our platform
- To have an interest in data analytics
- To have an interest or experience in devOps/programming/scripting (e.g. Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, PHP)
- To have an interest in or experience with RDBMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, SQL Server)
- To have an interest in or experience with systems administration (e.g. Linux, Windows)
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Bachelor's degree in any an IT focused degree where you have learnt technical and coding focused skills. A degree (e.g Maths) could also be considered if you have studied coding languages during your course.
- Flexibility to work 1 weekend every quarter to be part of our employee rota which allows us to service clients 24/7
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.