Business Development Representative
The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you sell for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow.
As a Business Development Representative at Appian, you'll make initial contact with potential clients and educate them on the impact Appian can have on their organization. You'll proactively schedule sales meetings through cold calling and marketing initiatives. BDRs execute lead generation initiatives to increase attendance at upcoming field marketing events and trade shows and partner with Account Executives to create customized account plans and strategies to support sales cycles
Getting it Done Right, Fast, and Without Compromise
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Backing by a track record of success, meeting and exceeding activity metrics, and experienced partnering with internal teams and external clients in a sales environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities
- A self-starter with confidence and a “hustle” attitude
- Proven leadership skills. You’re the captain of your team, president of your organization, the one the group looks to in times of need. A master balancing competitiveness with collaboration
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: Sales Fast Start, which is our 5-day training program focused on equipping our sales new hires
with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field, like ValueSelling Framework training.
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion and participation in different programs like
Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership and
communication. Hear more about growth from one of our Vice Presidents, who started at Appian as an
Account Executive here.
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation and with our Appian Guarantee, our
customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm
Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why
more and more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more from one of our Regional Vice
Presidents here about how our product has kept him with the company.
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class
collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary and generous benefits;
including a flexible time off allowance and great perks. Hear more for an Account Executive herself on how
Appian is the most inclusive sales environment she’s ever worked in here.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or related field & relevant work or internship experience in sales or account management
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.