The Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant will participate in all aspects of the revenue accounting function to review and approve customer contracts for proper revenue recognition.
- Review fully executed customer contracts to conclude on appropriate accounting treatment and identify any issues to ensure that all software and services revenues are accounted for in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (ASC 606).
- Review and approve revenue allocation and revenue plans in the NetSuite accounting system to ensure accurate revenue recognition treatment in the general ledger and support the monthly closing process.
- Review drafts of customer contracts and provide revenue accounting guidance to Legal and Sales personnel on an as-needed basis.
- Prepare supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists, position papers and revenue allocation spreadsheets for booked orders.
- Assist manager with technical research on complex revenue accounting issues.
- Assist with Fair Value (SSP) analyses of historical sales transactions.
- Support annual audit and quarterly reviews by providing external auditors with requested documentation for revenue transactions being tested.
- Assist with preparation of SEC filings as needed.
- 3-5 years of software revenue accounting experience.
- Public accounting experience, strongly preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- ERP financial systems experience, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA certification.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.